Shri Pushkar Singh Dhami
Hon'ble, Chief Minister, Uttarakhand.
Shri Harak Singh Rawat
Hon'ble Minister, Forest & Environment, Govt. of Uttarakhand
Rajiv Bhartari, IFS
Principal Chief Conservator of Forest & HoFF, Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand Forest Department Online Portals
News & Events
Latest News, Events, and Updates related to Uttarakhand Forest Department.
- विज्ञप्ति विस्तार प्रकाशन के संबंध में-राजाजी टाइगर रिजर्व की गोहरी रेंज में चौरासी कुटिया के समुचित विकास हेतु रूचि की अभिव्यक्ति 27/07/2021
- राजाजी टाइगर रिजर्व की गोहरी रेंज में चौरासी कुटी पुनरूद्धार हेतु रूचि की अभिव्यक्ति के लिए सलाहकार संस्था के चयन हेतु निर्धारित शर्ते 27/07/2021
- Tender regarding construction of gabion area for protection of Nagar Van area: O/o DFO (Hardwar) 19/07/2021
- Tender regarding various works in CTR: O/o Director (Corbett Tiger Reserve) 05/07/2021
- Auction regarding Vehicle: O/o DFO (Tehri Forest Division) 30/06/2021
- Tender regarding various material for Malsi zoo: O/o Secretary(Dehradun Zoo Managment Institute) 15/06/2021
- Application are invited from registered contractors/firms for various forestry work:O/o DFO(Narendranagar) 05/04/2021
- Harela Parv 2021, Uttarakhand 16/07/2021 11:00 am - 01:00 pm
- 21-Apr-1986 05/07/2021 07:30 am - 01:27 am
- Uttarakhand forest department launched Van Mahotsav 2021 on 01.07.2021 with target of planting 1.63 crore saplings in the state this monsoon. 01/07/2021 12:00 am - 12:00 am
- World Environment Day 05/06/2021 12:00 am - 12:00 am
- International Day of Forests-2021 celebrated by Uttarakhand Forest Department. 21/03/2021 12:00 am - 12:00 am
Departments and Boards
India is one of the First countries in the world to have stated scientific management of its forests. During the year 1864 the then British India Government started the Imperial Forest Department and appointed Dr. Dietrich Brandis, a German Forest officer Inspector General of Forests in 1866.
Corbett Tiger Reserve has captured the imagination of many with its diverse wildlife and breathtaking landscapes. The natural uniqueness of the area was recognized long ago as a result of which in 1936 Corbett attained the distinction of becoming the first National Park to be established in mainland Asia.
The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) has been constituted under section 38 L (1) of Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972.
It serves as a field formation and also provides technical services to the Ministry of Environment and Forests of the provisions of the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986.
Forest Department in Uttarakhand has the responsibility for managing one of the richest forests and biodiversity in India .
These are spread over a landscape that includes plains where the tall Sal trees and myriad other plant species hold sway.